Remote-Tek CMS Maintenance FAQs
- What will happen to my existing CMS maintenance coverage with Avaya if I do nothing?
- All Avaya maintenance contract line items supporting any CMS release on an unsupported hardware platform will be cancelled effective October 31, 2008. At that time hardware support will no longer be available from Avaya for these platforms, neither as part of a maintenance contract or as time and materials support. If you do not take coverage from MB&A or a 3rd party, your CMS will be unsupported.
- I see that MB&A extracts an image of my CMS hard drive. Is there a charge for this service and does it require down time?
- No. There is no additional charge for extracting the image. Imaging is a required part of our coverage and crucial to providing you with reliable maintenance. Yes, CMS down time is required to extract the image. Depending on the size of the hard drive, the best way to image the drive is to take the CMS out of service. Your call center can continue to take calls, but the CMS will not be gathering data. CMS down time is usually about 2 hours but can be shorter or longer depending on the hard drive size. MB&A will schedule this downtime during hours that are convenient to your call center.
- Can MB&A cover my phone system and voicemail as well as my CMS?
- Yes. MB&A specializes in maintaining all ATT/Lucent/Avaya phone and voicemail solutions. We take the same proactive maintenance approach as we do with CMS units. We perform preventive maintenance visits, pull back-ups for storage offsite, and offer 100% unlimited free help desk support. Click here for a list of commonly maintained systems. Click here for a list of the key differences between MB&A and Avaya.
- What happens if my phone system and voicemail are under coverage with Avaya until a date sometime in the future but I want coverage on my CMS now?
- MB&A can write “CMS Only” maintenance coverage and provide immediate coverage of the CMS and allow Avaya to continue to maintain your phone and voicemail system through the Avaya contract expiration date. Avaya generally auto-renews their contracts for a 1 year term but you have a 30 day window before and after the expiration date to consider alternative providers. MB&A can provide a competitive phone and voicemail maintenance quote as you approach your expiration dates.
- I have multiple locations throughout the United States. Can MB&A support multiple locations?
- Yes. MB&A supports many enterprises with multiple locations and different types of Avaya and non-Avaya PBX’s throughout the United States. A compiled address list of each location and an inventory of the phone and voicemail equipment at each site is all that is needed to produce a quotation. MB&A does not support systems outside of the United States at this time.
- Can MB&A provide CMS administrator training and CMS programming?
- Yes. MB&A has CMS programmers on staff and provides unlimited free remote help desk support as part of maintenance coverage. Many customers wish to outsource larger CMS programming projects or on-site or remote CMS administrator training classes. MB&A can provide CMS programming and training classes on an affordable time and materials basis.
- Can MB&A upgrade my CMS to current release when and if I decide to do so?
- MB&A is not an Avaya Business Partner and not in the business of selling Avaya software. However, MB&A does work closely with several large Avaya Business Partners and can shop your CMS upgrade needs to multiple providers and report back to you with multiple bids and help simplify the upgrade process.
Any other questions? Feel free to contact us today to answer them or to receive a free CMS maintenance quotation.
>> Back to Top